Terms & Conditions
The terms and conditions below apply to all projects undertaken.
Services that are provided by Tangent Design Ltd to the client are subject to the following terms and conditions.
The Client : The company or individuals asking for the services of Tangent Design Ltd.
Tangent Design Ltd: Designer / website owner & employees.
- Proposal(s) that are supplied by Tangent Design Ltd are deemed to include the terms and conditions below and accepting of a proposal shall be deemed to be accepting of these terms and conditions.
- The design copyright and all other types of intellectual property right in any proposal and design shall remain with Tangent Design Ltd at all times. Any draft or proposal should be treated as confidential by the client who must not divulge nor permit any of its employees to divulge the contents thereof.
- In the event any proposal is not accepted by the client all copies of the proposal together with any accompanying documentation shall remain confidential.
- Agreement to a proposal is deemed to be accepted when approval is provided either by mail, telephone or email ("the Work").
- Any estimate, costings or timetable supplied by Tangent Design Ltd shall hold good for 30 days. If not accepted within 30 days the estimate, costings or timetable supplied will be subject to review and amendments by Tangent Design Ltd.
- Any statement as to the completion date of "the Work" by Tangent Design Ltd is an estimate only. Reasonable endeavours will be used by Tangent Design to comply with any timetable but in the event "the Work" is not completed by the date agreed Tangent Design Ltd will be under no liability to the client or any other person(s). Only Tangent Design Ltd shall specify when any stage of the commission or the entire commission has been completed.
- We accept no liability for loss or damage (direct, indirect or consequential) including all loss of profit or business arising out of any single claim, event, or series of related claims or events (including claims based on negligence).
- Alterations to the scope "the Work" agreed between the client and Tangent Design Ltd entitles Tangent Design Ltd to review and amend any timetable and costings supplied to the client.
- Any costing of "the Work" unless otherwise agreed in writing will be exclusive of VAT.
- All fees and invoices shall be paid within 30 days of the date printed on the invoice. Tangent Design Ltd reserves the right to charge for costs and expenses incurred in recovering late payments, and to charge interest at a rate then in force pursuant to the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998 as at the due date. Tangent Design Ltd reserves the right to stop "the Work" should any account be in arrears or not be paid. Legal action will taken as a result non payment of fees and invoices.
- The design copyright and all other types of intellectual property right remain with Tangent Design Ltd until all fees and invoices associated with "the Work" are paid in full.
- Tangent Design Ltd shall provide cost information regarding the amount of incurred charges as the client may reasonably require.
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing Tangent Design Ltd may submit interim invoices for payment even though "the Work" has yet to be completed.
- We reserve the right to use any work we produce for the purpose of self-promotion.
- Where pre-production proofs are supplied for approval to the client, the client shall be responsible for the correction of omissions or errors. Tangent Design Ltd shall bear no liability whatsoever in respect of any omissions or errors subsequently discovered.
- Tangent Design Ltd assures that it has not knowingly infringed any copyright design right or patent in the completion of "the Work".
- The client assures that the information supplied to Tangent Design Ltd in "the Work" does not infringe any copyright or design right and agrees to indemnify Tangent Design Ltd against any claim arising from the use of the information in breach of any copyright or design right.
- Where "the Work" includes printing by Tangent Design Ltd the client acknowledges that due to the nature of the printing process there may be some non-material variation printing quality or colour tone.
- Without prejudice to its existing rights Tangent Design Ltd may terminate this contract immediately if the client is in default of any term of any contract between Tangent Design Ltd and the client or if the client becomes insolvent. Upon such termination Tangent Design Ltd will be paid any fees due together with any VAT by the client.
- Any goods or property supplied by or on behalf of the client to Tangent Design Ltd are done so at their own risk. Tangent Design Ltd do not accept liability for loss or damage caused.
- The client may not assign any benefit of this agreement or any right arising there from in any way whatsoever.
- Contracts between Tangent Design Ltd and the client will be concluded in the English and our relationship with you will be governed by English law and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Terms & Conditions - Website Design & Hosting Services
These terms supplement our standard Terms & Conditions.
- Whilst every endeavour will be made to ensure that the website and any scripts or programs are free of errors, Tangent Design Ltd cannot accept responsibility for any losses incurred due to malfunction, the website or any part of it.
- The website, graphics and any programming code remain the property of Tangent Design Ltd until all outstanding accounts are paid in full.
- Any scripts, cgi applications, databases or software (unless specifically agreed) created by Tangent Design Ltd remain the copyright of Tangent Design Ltd.
- Tangent Design Ltd are not responsible for any copyright infringements caused by materials submitted by the client.
- Materials required to complete the site to the agreed standard and within deadline are to be made available as soon as is reasonably possible to Tangent Design Ltd.
- Tangent Design Ltd will not be liable for costs incurred, compensation or loss of earnings due to the failure to meet agreed deadlines.
- Tangent Design Ltd does not guarantee that any scripts, cgi applications, databases or software will be immune from hacking. Tangent Design Ltd will not be liable for any costs incurred, compensation or loss of earnings caused as a result of hacking.
- Any scripts, applications or software (unless specifically agreed) written by Tangent Design Ltd remain the copyright of Tangent Design Ltd and may be used, as required, in future projects.
- Applications or programming relating to a site developed by Tangent Design Ltd must be tested by the client before being made available for general use. "Bugs", errors or other issues are found after the site goes live, Tangent Design Ltd will endeavour (but is not obliged to) to correct these issues to meet the level of functionality outlined in the scope of the project.
- The client agrees to pay Tangent Design Ltd in a timely manner for services rendered, on "Net 30" terms. Tangent Design reserves the right to temporarily or permanently suspend Client's websites, software and services when accounts fall into arrears.
Changes to terms and conditions
- Tangent Design Ltd reserve the right to make changes to these terms and conditions from time to time.